Good things come to those who wait
– this is the third attempt to hold an annual conference in Newcastle. Thanks to David Talbot and Wolfgang Issing for persevering and organising the conference at Newcastle’s Northumbria University.
- Thursday, 1.9. 18:00 Welcome Meeting in the Great Hall of the Sutherland Building
- Friday, 2.9. Day trip with visit to Bamburgh Castle
- Saturday, 3.9. Scientific meeting at CCE1 Business and Law Building – from parenteral nutrition for babies, to Covid, decision-making in medicine, psychotrauma, leukaemia and climate change to noses in art, a wide-ranging programme has been prepared.
Annual Dinner at Cafe 21
- Sunday, 4.9. departure
For accommodation, rooms have been reserved for us at the Staybridge Suites approx. 10 min walk from the conference venue, please book these yourself. Book with Esther Ward at email@example.com. Her number if there are any problems is 0044 191 2387000.
- Whole conference
£ 200 € 230
(Congress participants and accompanying persons pay the same price)
- Scientific meeting
£ 50 € 60
- Student discount on request
Please register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the Anglo-German Medical Society
Before World War II there was extensive exchange between the British and German medical professions. With the idea of rebuilding the professional and personal relationships that had significantly cooled between medical doctors of the two countries during hostilities, the Anglo-German Medical Society (AGMS) was founded in 1959. Since then, a scientific conference has been held each year. The present membership is about 100, divided more or less equally between the British and the German Sections.
The Society’s main aims are as follows:
- To encourage collaboration between doctors and medical scientists in the two countries.
- To hold Annual Conferences alternately in the United Kingdom and Germany
- To encourage an exchange of knowledge and ideas between the two countries.
Please put any questions you may have to our other members in our LinkedIn group.
Please note: There are a number of translators who offer rebates for our members.